Singlish vs English? Use Singlish. It’s so much cheaper! : )

Why do we insist on using the Queen’s English?

Singlish is so much more economical and effective? Compare and see!

(1) Singlish vs English
When going shopping...

Britains : I’m sorry, Sir, but we don’t seem to have the sweater you want in your size, but if you give me a moment, I can call the other outlets for you.
S’poreans: No Stock!

(2) Singlish vs English
When returning a call...

Britains : Hello, this is Mr Bean. Did anyone page me a few moments ago?
S’poreans: Hello, who page?
When someone is in the way...
Britains : Excuse me, I’d like to get by. Would you please make way?
S’poreans: Lai, siam! Or Siam, hor! Or Skius!

(3) Singlish vs English
When someone offers to pay...

Britains : Hey, put your wallet away, this drink is on me.
S’poreans: no need lah
When asking for permission...
Britains : Excuse me, but do you think it would be possible for me to enter through this door?
S’poreans: (while pointing at door) Can pass or Not?

(4) Singlish vs English
When asking to be excused...

Britains : If you would excuse me for a moment, I have to go to the gents/ladies. Carry on without me, it would only take a moment.
S’poreans: Go toilet. Buay tahan ahh.....

(5) Singlish vs English
When doubting someone...

Britains : I don’t recall you giving me the money.
S’poreans: Got meh?

(6) Singlish vs English
When disagreeing on a topic of discussion...

Britains : Err. Tom, I have to stop you there. I understand where you’re coming from, but I really have to disagree with what you said about the policy.
S’poreans: Talk cock lah you!

(7) Singlish vs English
When asking someone to lower their voice...

Britains : Excuse me, but could you please lower your voice, I’m trying to concentrate over here.
S’poreans: Eh, Tiam leh!

(8) Singlish vs English
When asking someone if he/she knows you...

Britains : Excuse me, but I noticed you staring at me for some time. Do I know you?
S’poreans: See what see?! BUAY SONG AH

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Hello Kitty: The Funny, The Weird, And The Horrifying

The Most Enlightening Speech: What's Better Than...

Dr Lee Wei Ling - Why I choose to remain single